• 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
• 3 (1-ounce) sticks part-skim mozzarella string cheese
• 3 Tbsp egg substitute
• Cooking spray
• 1/4 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
• Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup of panko bread crumbs to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and place the panko in a shallow dish.
• Cut mozzarella sticks into 1-inch pieces. Working with one piece at a time, dip cheese in egg substitute; dredge in panko. Place cheese on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
• Bake at 425 degrees for 3 minutes or until cheese is softened and thoroughly heated.
• Pour the marina sauce into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH one minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring after 30 seconds
Servings Per Recipe: 4 (1 serving = 3 bites)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91; Total Fat: 5.1g; Total Carbs: 6.7 g; Dietary Fiber: 0.1 g; Protein: 7.2 g