• 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
• 4 tomatoes, chopped or one 14.5-ounce can low-sodium tomatoes, drained
• 4 medium ribs celery, diced (1 cup)
• 2 small zucchini, diced (2 cups)
• 1 bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
• One 18-ounce jar low-sodium marinara sauce
• 1 tsp dried basil
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• Place the chicken in the slow cooker; add the garlic, tomatoes, celery, zucchini, and pepper. Pour the marinara sauce over all, and sprinkle the basil and thyme on top.
• Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 6 to 7 hours. Before serving, shred the chicken with a fork.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164.2; Total Fat: 2.1g; Total Carbs: 7.9 g; Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g; Protein: 27.3 g
Print This Recipe