• 1.5 pkg. reduced-fat crescent rolls
• 1 lb ground turkey
• ½ cup onion, chopped
• 14.5 oz can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
• 1 packet reduced-sodium taco seasoning
• 1 can fat-free refried beans (optional)
• ¼ cup water
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a 9x13 inch baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray - press crescent rolls into the bottom and halfway up the sides. Think as if you were putting a puzzle together. It will take a little finessing but it is doable.
2. Cut aluminum foil into four long skinny strips (wide enough to cover the edge crust). Lay and fold foil around all four crust edges. Use a fork and poke the bottom dough a couple of times. Pre-bake crust in oven for about 8 minutes. Keep the foil pieces when finished pre-baking, you will use them again!
3. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, brown turkey and onion. Drain any extra liquids.
Add tomatoes, seasoning and water to skillet, stir. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. In a medium size microwavable bowl, heat refried beans for about 30 seconds (until soft) and stir. This helps the beans spread easier on the dough. Spoon beans onto the bottom of the pizza and spread evenly around.
5. Pile meat mixture over the bean layer and spread evenly. Place the four foil strips over the crust again.
6. Bake for 12 minutes - remove from oven and top with cheese. Take off foil pieces.
Return to oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts and the edges of the crust are browned.
Nutritional Mumbo Jumbo Per Serving (serves 8):