• 8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
• 1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
• 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
• 6 tablespoons (3 oz.) egg whites or egg beaters
• 5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
• 6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
• 6 oz shredded mozzarella
• olive oil non-stick spray
• 1 cup marinara sauce
• salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 450. Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. °. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
• Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp parmesan cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters or egg whites in another.
• Combine 2 oz of mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan cheese, spinach (make sure you squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.
• Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.
• Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with the remaining chicken.
• Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.
• Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce and parmesan cheese on the side.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195; Total Fat: 7g; Total Carbs: 7.2 g; Dietary Fiber:1.5 g; Protein: 24.2 g